- Hands on sessions
There is still confusion amongst hygienists, therapists, and dentists about what you should and should not do to maintain dental implants. What do we really need to do to make dental implants last?
This course is delivered by Karen Morrison who works as a full-time hygienist in an implant referral practice and Pratik Patel who works as a full-time implant dentist.
Working together, they plan for their patients’ implant maintenance and understand what is necessary to provide long term function and aesthetics around dental implants.
What is covered
- Evidence-based lectures and videos alongside useful handouts and check lists for you to use in practice
- Hands on sessions illustrating the instruments that they recommend for monitoring and maintenance around dental implants.
- How to assess health and disease around dental implants
- When to take radiographs of dental implants and how to interpret what they show
- A protocol of what to check on dental implants
- Definitive evidence-based guidance on how to probe, what to probe with and how to interpret the results
- A protocol for treating different types of implant restorations
- Hints and tips on how to improve patient home care and compliance
- What to do if things are deteriorating
- The links between the rest of the mouth and dental implant health
- How to deal with the ‘risk factors’ in practice
Speakers & Educators
Register Your Interest
Register Your Interest in the Introduction to Guided Implant Surgery to receive enrolment details from Straumann.Register your interest
Get Priority Places
Join our mailing list to be the first to hear about new courses and offers from Straumann Group training partners.